CROSS PUNCHES, CROSS EXAMINED
Heavy bag work got you breathing heavy? Working the bag with moves like the cross punch, is a sure fire way to get that heart rate up. Come test out your cross punch in our Boxing & Kickboxing classes- we incorporate heavy bag work into all of our sessions . Below are just 5 of the many reasons the cross punch is key to your boxing arsenal.
1. Even though you're not running, jumping, or biking- cross punching is actually intense cardio with explosive strength and power.
2. This iconic boxing move requires balance, endurance, and agility- relying on every muscle that you've got for a full body workout.
3. The Cross Punch is a compound movement- working several large muscle groups at once- especially the upper body, biceps, triceps and core.
4. Going out of town? This is an easy "on the road" workout- do it anywhere! No bag required. Just pick up two water bottles and get to it! The weight of the water will help give you that resistance & provide a great substitute when you can't get in the studio.
5. The Cross Punch will keep you on your toes, literally! Shifting your weight from one foot to the other helps to develop that stability in your core as well as your overall muscle coordination.